0% VAT Product Categories
VAT (Value Added Tax) is a tax that you pay when you buy goods and services in the EU, including the UK. If you have to pay VAT on something, it will normally be included in the price you see.
In the United Kingdom, the VAT rate is 0% on a number of select items.
However, in order to qualify for a VAT rate of 0%, the delivery address must be within the UK.
So, by using your UK EshopWedrop Delivery Address you are one step closer to enjoy this vat free policy. You only have to check if your product is included in one of the 4 following VAT free categories:
Category 1. Children Clothing
There are four primary conditions, all of which should be met for the item to be eligible for the reduced VAT rate:
- It must be an article of clothing or footwear and
- It must not be made of fur and
- It must be designed for young children under 14 years of age and
- It must be suitable for young children under 14 years of age.
Most items of baby wear are eligible for a VAT rate of 0%. In addition, UK VAT legislation also identifies the following less obvious baby items as eligible for a VAT rate of 0%:
- Bibs, including plastic bibs with a curved tray at the base
- Hooded rain covers for pushchairs, provided they're suitable for the baby to wear as a rain cape when out of the pushchair
- Nappies (and nappy liners), both disposable and re-usable
- Babies' shawls
- Padded sleeping garments, similar in construction to sleeping bags, but shaped at the neck and armholes or having sleeves and/or legs
- Towelling bathrobes designed with a hood or sleeves enabling the baby to be wrapped in them as a garment.
Articles of clothing that are charged at the standard VAT rate of 20% include reflective arm bands or buoyancy aids; fastenings such as buckles, buttons and zips; badges, collars, cuffs, patches and other sew-on or iron-on items; and hand muffs and ear muffs
Category 2. Children Footwear
Children's footwear that is eligible for a VAT rate of 0% includes boots, shoes, sandals and slippers, even if they are designed for special purposes (such as ballet shoes or studded football boots), and ice-skating or roller-skating boots, with or without skating blades or rollers attached.
Footwear that's charged at the standard VAT rate of 20% includes blades or rollers sold on their own, or platform-type roller skates for attaching to normal shoes; and shoelaces, insoles, heel protectors and stick-on soles sold as separate items.
Category 3. Books
Printed books are eligible for 0% VAT. However, certain non-printed book items are charged at the standard VAT rate of 20%. These include audio books and CD-ROMs.
Category 4. Safety Equipment
Many protective boots and helmets qualify for a VAT rate of 0%, when the following conditions are met:
- The articles must be boots or helmets, and
- They must be manufactured to the appropriate European or British standard, and
- They must bear a mark indicating conformity with those standards, and
- They must be for industrial use, and
- They must not be supplied to persons for use by their employees.
Pedal cycle helmets qualify for a VAT rate of 0% if:
- The cycle helmet is manufactured to standards which satisfy requirements imposed by the European Community Directive on Personal Protective Equipment (the PPE Directive)
- It bears a mark indicating conformity with those standards.
Start your Online Shopping Experience TODAY!
1. Find the product you want
2. On the Online shop’s check out use Your Personal EshopWedrop Delivery Address
3. Receive in Cyprua while SAVING on Delivery Cost!
Find how EshopWedrop works HERE
Sign up today and receive your first EshopWedrop delivery from any online shop in Europe or USA for FREE!
Shop from USA & Europe Receive in Cyprus
1st DELIVERY FREE